Saturday, August 15, 2015

Happy Bento! Lunches On the Go

I love cute lunches!  For the past several years, I have enjoyed looking at the wonderful edible creations Anna Adden has posted on her blog - Becoming A Bentoholic. I recently received a copy of her first book, Happy Bento! Lunches on the Go. This book packs a lot of information in a little 6-inch by 6-inch book. Anna has included photos, supplies, ingredients, and directions for making 50 different Bento style lunches. The book also includes information about Bento tools and places to shop for supplies and lunch boxes.
Boogs, my son, looked through the book and asked if I would copy some of the lunches. He folded down the corner on the pages of the lunches he wanted me to make. The first lunch he wanted was the Blast Off lunch featuring a peanut butter and apple sandwich. I don't have a rocket cookie cutter so I looked through all of my small cookie cutters and decided to use a bear shaped cookie cutter. I usually make story themed lunches for Boogs, so I turned Anna's Blast Off lunch into a Goldilocks and the Three Bears lunch.
In the ELB lunchbox: cheese stick Goldilocks, 3 Bears pb & apple sandwiches, Pringles, and salad.
Boogs really likes Mario Bros games so of course he asked me to re-create Anna's Super Mario Bros lunch.  I made a few food substitutions when I made the lunch.
This lunch was a breeze to make because of the clear and easy to follow directions for the piranha plant and mushrooms.
In the Laptop Lunchbox: hot dog, tomato piranha plant, grapes, golden coin dried apricots, broccoli underneath PLAY crackers, cheese stick & tomato mushrooms with peppercorn eyes, cheese stars with poppy seed eyes, and baby carrots.
Boogs and I have really enjoyed looking at all of the cute lunches in Happy Bento! Lunches on the go. We are looking forward to re-creating many of the other lunches featured in the book. You can purchase your own copy of the book on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Books & Things, and Powell's. You could also try your luck at winning a copy from Bent On Better Lunches giveaway until August 20th.

6 comments:

  1. Your bento recreations are awesome! Great review too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book is so fun! Love your Recreations !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the Goldilocks spin off lunch. Thanks for reviewing my book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the copy of your book to review. Books and I love all of the beautiful creative lunches you have packed into this small book.

      Delete