Sunday, August 25, 2013

Last Week of Summer 2013

We began our last week of summer in Arkansas at the Crater of Diamonds State Park. I wrote about it here.


Boogs was pretty tired after we returned home and wanted to hang out at the house for most of the week. We did make it to our library's Explorer's Club on Thursday. The theme this week was back-to-school. The kiddos made pencil decorations with pipe cleaners. That evening we went to Boogs' school to meet his new teacher and drop off his school supplies. I forgot to bring my camera. Boogs is very sad that none of his K/1st grade buds are in his class. It was a very upsetting discovery.

On Friday, we spent most of our morning at the car dealership waiting for a second key to be made for my car. Then we spent the afternoon at the pool. Boogs talked me into jumping off the high dive. Yikes! He is very brave to keep going off of the high dive again and again. I did not really enjoy it.

Friday night, Boogs went to his first (non-family) sleepover. He had a blast. His friend's mom sent me this picture:
He LOVES Monopoly! Boogs told me they flew a remote control helicopter, held a bearded dragon, played games, did a science experiment, made mini-pizzas, and they started watching Spy Kids at 9 p.m. They went to bed around 11. Yay for a successful sleepover!

We spent the rest of the weekend running a few errands, hanging out together, and relaxing before our busy school year begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment