Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone. We were able to spend time together as a family just hanging out. Having the week off really made me miss summertime.

The day after Thanksgiving is usually our Christmas tree decorating day. Boogs was a big helper while we were setting up the tree.

He enjoyed taking out all of the decorations and looking through all of the ornaments.

My husband helped out this year by putting on the lights and tinsel.

I love seeing all of out old ornaments and telling Boogs where each of them came from. Every year, I takes Boogs to pick out his own ornament. By the time he leaves our house, he will have a nice collection of ornaments for his own first tree.

Boogs puts the topper on the tree every year.

Boogs and Daddy had to take a puzzle break.

We spent part of the afternoon at the park playing with Frisbees.

The day was perfect for flying a kite.



We spent some time at the playscape.


On Sunday, Boogs and I went to another park. We spent about three hours there playing on the playscape, walking around all of the fields, playing on the bleachers, and hiking on the trail.

We played hide and seek. I thought this was a really good hiding place. A jogger came over to the tree and asked me if I needed help getting down. She gave my hiding place away.

Boogs decided that he needed to climb a tree, too.

We found this teepee on the park's hiking trail.

Boogs then spent part of the afternoon with his Daddy playing with his robotic arm. They came up with all sorts of challenges including trying to see who could make the highest stack of Legos.

It is so nice to have a long weekend off without any specific plans. We need to plan these more often.

2 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas tree, looks so pretty. And what a great teepee to come across! Thanks for sharing on Happy Family Times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am allergic to most Christmas trees so we make due with our fake one.

      Delete