Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bento Bloggers & Friends Thankful Hop

Bento Bloggers & Friends are joining together to share what we are thankful for and to turn our thanks into lunches. This was a lot more challenging than I realized it would be. I always base my son's lunches on one of the books we read at bedtime the previous evening. For this lunch, I grouped together a few books about family that we have enjoyed reading - I Udderly Love You by Kate Toms, A Father's Song by Janet Lawler, I Love You As Much by Laura Krauss Melmed, and The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant. These are all books we have read and enjoyed many times. These books definitely have a message about being thankful for family.

I am thankful for many things in my life. My lunchbox is full of love and thankfulness:
* the marshmallow drawing of my husband and my son represents my thankfulness for my family, they are my heart and my reason for welcoming each day's surprises
* the cheese house with a cheese heart represents my thankfulness for the home that we share
* the blueberries and carrot chip represent my thankfulness for the blue and sunny skies of my home state of Texas. I am thankful to be a Texan and an American.
* the BBF picks in the chicken represent my thankfulness for having found such an amazing, talented, accepting, encouraging, and supportive group of women (and Keith) in the Bento Bloggers & Friends group
* the salad represents my thankfulness for having easily accessible, fresh, healthy, and delicious food
* the box of raisins represent my thankfulness for the sweetness of life


Boogs, my 6-year-old, looked at this lunch and decided he was not going to take it to school because he did not want to eat cold chicken for lunch. So, I traded lunches with him. I really enjoyed this lunch. Boogs did not really like the lettuce wraps he took to school and he came home hungry. I love that little boy even when he is driving me crazy! I am thankful for him every single day.

Now hop on over to Bento For Kidlet to see what Jenn made for her thankful lunch. You can click the Thanks button or click HERE. Be sure to continue hopping after Jenn's blog to see the variety of thanks lunches Bento Bloggers & Friends have made. The hop will be live November 15th, starting at 8 am CST.

                                                       https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-aDGyfpMZlhQ/UJmeYuRRkbI/AAAAAAAAOzY/YAx5SuiqBDk/s800/thanksbutton.gif

You can check out the wonderful sites I link to on my sidebar! If you want to see more book inspired lunches, click on the "lunches" label at the end of this post or go to My Story Themed Lunches board on Pinterest. I would love for you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.  

48 comments:

  1. Ha ha boogs, well he did ask to swap. Great lunches and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I enjoyed reading about what each food item symbolized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome! Sorry about the break in my post leading to your. Thanks to Lise for fixing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post!! I love how you purposefully chose each item, and the symbolism you shared behind each of those choices. And mostly, I LOVE that YOU are the one that was able to enjoy this lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca. I was kind of glad I got to eat it too. I don't think my son will complain about his lunch again and risk having to eat one of my lunches.

      Delete
  5. Love the post n ur awesome lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet post :) I love the marshmallow drawing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I traded lunches with my son, I went ahead and moved the marshmallow into the lunch he took to school.

      Delete
  7. I loved reading your post! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Those are favorites we have had on our bookshelf for quite a long time.

      Delete
  9. I think there have been more "Awwwww" moments in this hop than any other and yours is definitely no exception! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. It is amazing to me how making lunches has brought so many together and enriched our lives.

      Delete
  10. This is so cute! Especially the house! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sent cold chicken with JDaniel for lunch yesterday and it came back home in his lunch box. I love the books you featured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe all little boys are anti cold chicken. It is funny that he will eat cold chicken at a restaurant in one of those meal salads.

      Delete
  12. I love how you broke down all the areas of life that you are thankful for and how you represented them all. And you even included Keith! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana. Ha ha, well I did not want to call Keith a woman.

      Delete
  13. Aw, love it! I love the BBF picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cristi. I am so glad you invited me into the group.

      Delete
  14. Love all of the love in your lunch! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. I even drew on a marshmallow today.

      Delete
  15. A great compilation! And those books look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy thanksgiving to you and Boogs!!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  17. What a fantastic post! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent work dear Keitha! That Boogs, I've never met him but that little guy is my buddy! Stories of his words and adventures make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K! Boogs is one-of-a-kind! He makes me smile every single day. I am blessed to have him.

      Delete
  19. Awww, such a sweet post, Keitha!Love that every single thing in your lunch symbolizes something and love the story about Boogs. I so feel the same way!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Boogs can be quite the little stinker at times.

      Delete
  20. Great post and nice lunch! He might think twice about swapping lunches next time LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, hee! That was my plan. That boy HATES lettuce. He will eat baby spinach leaves and kale, but not any kind of lettuce.

      Delete