Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Austin Nature and Science Center

A few times a year, Boogs and I head over to the Austin Nature and Science Center. Boogs was fascinated with the plexiglass beehive. Bees are able to fly in from outside through a small tube. We watched the bees for almost half an hour.

We spent a bit of time exploring inside the center before heading outside.
Weighing items


Checking out the animals

Investigating the collections of natural objects


Boogs really enjoys the outside areas of the center, especially the water areas. I ALWAYS bring a dry set of clothes because I know he will fall in the water. When he fell in the water this time, he looked at me with a freaked out expression on his face. I told him not to worry and that I had extra clothes. I said, "I had predicted that you would fall in." He then wandered around doing all sorts of goofy things just so he could ask, "Well, did you predict that too, Momma?" 
Boogs always like to hang out and watch the bobcat.

Wonder if he will fall in?


He only fell in from the waist down. It was cool and refreshing.

We had a fun time exploring the center for a few hours.








Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

2 comments:

  1. That really reminds me of The Eden Project here. They have a great science section indoors and lots of fun outdoor space too. Looks like a great day and educational too. Thanks for linking up to Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete