Monday, April 2, 2012

Boogs' 6th Birthday Lego Party


Boogs will be six on Thursday. That is so hard to believe. I just want time to slow down a little bit. Because Easter is next weekend, we decided to celebrate his birthday a few days early. Boogs gets very excited and involved with the planning of his parties. He has chosen his last four birthday party themes - Bug Party, Halloween (in April) Party, Swim Party, and this year's Lego Party.  Boogs enjoyed helping get things ready for this year's party.
Lego invitations made using the tutorial HERE. I made mine larger to fit an invitation size envelope.
Peeling paper off of crayons.

Filling the silicon Lego Minifigure mold.

Lego Minifigure crayons for the favor bags.
Filling the mold with salt dough.

I used the standard salt dough recipe for Minifigures for a painting craft.
Freezer paper stenciling for a Lego Minifigure t-shirt.

Boogs told me, "Momma, it almost looks like a Minifigure." I tried.
Boogs separated the M&Ms for the Lego cake squares.

He worked very hard on getting the M&Ms in just the right spot.

Okay... so this was my attempt at a Lego Minifigure veggie tray. Boogs liked it.
This is supposed to be Lego crackers and cheese. We used spray cheese to "glue" oyster crackers onto club crackers.
Party favor bags - small notebook, 3 minifigure crayons, candy Lego blocks, 2 tattoos, and a Lego Birthday Builder Pack.

Painted Minifigure
They turned out so cute. One of these is Boogs and one is mine. The other two accidentally got left behind.


Pin the fish in the water.

The Lego poster came with 8 shark stickers, but that was not enough. I cut out little fish and had the kiddos try to pin the fish right in front of the shark's sharp teeth.

The bouncy house was well used. The kiddos were sweaty messes. They had to take frequent breaks and go inside to build with Legos in the air conditioned play room.

Lego-ish pinata. I got lazy and bought a pinata this year. It is supposed to be a present pinata, I took off the ribbon around the box and declared it to be a square Lego. It worked.

Action shot of Little J's hit. Can you see the skate board, Smarties, and horn flying through the air? 

Boogs blowing out his candle.

Boogs loved this series when we checked it out of the library, now it is all his.

Boogs was so tired by this point in the day, I thought he might fall over. I had no complaints from him about going to bed.
We had a fun, relaxing party. The kiddos seemed to have a great time, everyone got along, we had enough food, and the afternoon flew by. Boogs said he had a great time at his party. When I asked him what his favorite part was, he replied, "Having my friends over."

11 comments:

  1. I love your Lego invitation and your Lego themed party. Some amazing ideas!

    Also, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog site and pinning one of my projects.

    Cheers Deb Fearns

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun theme! Happy birthday, Boogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a TON with the lego theme and I love that your son helped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son wants a Lego part for his 6th birthday, so thank you for some inspiration! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So much love and effort went into this party! Thanks for sharing at the Kids Weekly Co-op!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it!! You did so much with the theme. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE this party!! So many, fun creative ideas!! Your son must have had such an amazing time! Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with everyone! I am featuring this at TGIF this week - http://www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/04/tgif-linky-party-25.html - Thanks for linking up & I can't wait to see what you link up this week!
    Beeth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what fabulous inspiration! I'm stopping over from the LLI Linky party and I am so impressed! I am pinning this post so I can consult your creative genius for my son's next birthday party. Thank you!

    Emily
    www.simplelittlehome.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know I'll be featuring you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute CUTE party! I can tell by his smile that your son was in heaven! I love Legos and the skills they present to children. Great job!

    ReplyDelete