Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our Calendar

Boogs and I have been doing a morning calendar since early 2009. On Pinterest, someone pinned a teacher's website that has free printables. The website is doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com  I printed out these cute Thanksgiving calendar numbers. Boogs likes them a lot. Before November began, we played with the cards for a while. I had Boogs put the number cards in order, sort them by color, sort odd/even, skip count by 2s. There are so many things to do with them besides just putting them on the daily calendar. Here is a picture of the calendar in Boogs' room. Each morning we sing our calendar song, put up the day's date, and read our poem of the week. I call out words in the poem for Boogs to find and point to. I found the Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme Cards at Half Price Books a few years ago. I don't remember where I found our calendar song. It is sung to the tune of "Oh My Darling, Clementine".

There are seven days, there are seven days, there are seven days in a week.
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Today is Tuesday, today is Tuesday, November 15th, 2011.
Today is Tuesday, today is Tuesday, November 15th, 2011.



2 comments:

  1. Where did you find your calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calendar is from my old stash of teaching supplies. I bought it at a teacher store. Lakeshore Learning has them in the store and online. I like to use an exacto knife and make small slits at the top of each square in the calendar grid. Then you can slide a paperclip in the slit to hold your numbers.

    ReplyDelete