Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cutesy the Elf - Day 2 & 3

Boogs woke up Monday morning and immediately spotted Cutesy the Elf in a bucket of blocks.


Apparently, during the night, Cutesy cleaned up Boogs' playroom and then made himself comfortable in a block fort. I wish I had taken a picture of the play room before Cutesy cleaned it, it was a MESS. Boogs commented on how surprised he was that Cutesy was able to reach to put everything away. He is really on the edge of wanting to believe in Cutesy even though I can tell by his comments that he is playing along because it is fun, not because he believes it.  When he was a two-year-old, he would constantly ask "is this real or made up?" about almost every story we read. I am pretty sure he is going to give up Santa this year.

Tuesday morning, Boogs found Cutesy sitting in a pile of presents under the Christmas tree. During the night, Cutesy wrapped up all of our holiday books in snowman paper. The note says, "Hee hee - I wrapped all of your holiday books. Open one at a time. QT" Cutesy really has bad penmanship.
(Yes, he is wearing the same pjs as yesterday. It's a boy thing or maybe a 5-year-old thing.)
Boogs searched the house for Cutesy and yelled out, "He left me a bunch of presents under the tree! Momma, there is a note written in elf writing!" I helped Boogs read the note. He loved it. He immediately opened one of the packages and had me read a story to him. For the next hour, he walked around singing/repeating "Hee hee, I wrapped your books. Hee hee." Too cute!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun Elf activity!! I just think your blog is amazing & you always have such wonderful ideas! I am giving you The Versatile Blogger Award - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Beth, thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete