Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Back!

Whew, it has been a long time. We closed on our house and moved into a third floor apartment. Our new house will not be ready until mid-June. I can't wait! Boogs has adjusted very well to moving. He has said that he is sad because, "the people that got our house gets to hug it all to themself. I wish I was still at my home sweet home." The first week in the apartment was the hardest because Boogs was used to going outside in the backyard whenever he wanted. He walked out the front door of our apartment when I was in the shower one morning. I heard the door and freaked out and yelled at him to get back inside and never open the apartment door without permission. Poor little guy. He told me he was just trying to find his yard. I am so glad he did not wander off.  Since then, we have not had any other incidents with him unlocking/opening the door.  Only 2 1/2 months until we move again.

Here are a few pictures of the progress of the new house:
Brick went up this week.

Shingles are on & trim is painted.

Sheetrock is complete, crown molding is up, walls are textured.

Cabinets are installed. 

Tubs and showers are in place. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Getting closer and closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went by today and they finished painting the interior and were starting on the brick arches for the butler's pantry. Closer and closer but not fast enough.

    ReplyDelete