Thursday, January 27, 2011

Book: Wallace's Lists

We read a cute book, Wallace's Lists by Barbara Bottner and Gerald Kruglik, about a mouse who can't do anything without writing a list. By then end of the book, the mouse was able to have an adventure without a list. This book got Boogs and I talking about lists and why people write them. He said, "Lists are good so people don't forget things like on a grocery list." Then I asked Boogs if he would like to make a list about anything. He said he would if I wrote it for him. Here are three lists that he made.

Things I Wouldn't Do:
*Pull a cat's tail.
*Break a glass.
*Take away a baby sister's toy or take candy from a baby.
*Harm a baby
*I would never eat poison ivy or cactus or onions.
*Break a trophy

Things I Would Do:
*Play Bakugan
*Not break anything
*Not harm Tribot (his remote controlled robot)
*Go on an adventure like going through a wall (We recently read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe)
*Go to where humans turn into monkeys like Curious George

Things I Like About Myself:
*I am funny
*I can make funny voices and sounds
*I am smart about Science

We will read this book again before it goes back to the library. I wonder what other lists Boogs will want to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment